No fees. Dividends that please. Digital access is a breeze.
Low fees and monthly dividends are just the beginning. Education First's Standard Checking Accounts offer countless ways to access and manage your money. Pay bills online. Use your smartphone to make deposits. Set up overdraft protection. Even pick your own debit card design.
It doesn't take much money to open a Standard Checking account. And it costs even less to keep it going.
- Just a $25 minimum opening balance
- No monthly service charge
- Dividends paid monthly on balances of $2,000
- Unlimited withdrawals and deposits
- Sign up for overdraft protection or set-up automatic transfers from your savings account
- Enjoy the convenience of direct deposit or payroll deduction into your checking account
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association
No one wants to spend a lot of time handling financial matters. Now you can do it on your computer or smartphone -- or on our ATM network -- in just a matter of minutes. The best part? It's all FREE.
Visa® Debit Cards
There's no need to carry around stacks of cash. Education First debit cards - including one designed for Lamar University students and alums - are your ticket to instant purchasing power.
- Choose from three designs
- Get a new card within minutes at our convenient locations
- Use for ATM transactions, purchases and to get cash back from merchants
- Accepted anywhere the Visa® logo is displayed
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your debit card goes missing, don't panic. We know exactly what to do. Just call one of the following phone numbers.
- Call Education First at (409) 898-3770
- Call Visa® toll-free at 800-VISA-911
- Outside the U.S.? Call collect 410-581-9994