Money Market Accounts
Money Market Accounts allow you to earn higher dividends than standard Savings or Checking accounts, while still granting you access to your money.
- Minimum opening deposit of $2,000
- No minimum balance requirement; however, $20,000 must be maintained to earn higher dividend rate
- No term commitment
- Dividends are compounded monthly
- Make regular deposits to your Money Market Account through direct deposit and payroll deduction
- Funds are federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA
- Access your account from anywhere 24/7 using Online Banking or Touch Tone Teller
Note regarding Regulation D: Regulation is a directive of the Federal government that is imposted on all financial instutions (banks and credit unions). To maintain compliance with Regulation D, Education First Federal Credit Union must place a monthly limit on certain types of transfers and/or withdrawls from the following types of savings (share) accounts: Standard Savings, Special Savings, Money Market Accounts, and Prime Rewards Click here for more information on Regulation D.
Questions? Give us a call at (409) 898-3770 or (800) 456-4684. We're happy to assist you!