Blue Jean Fridays
Casual Friday Is Something Special Around Here
Our employees turn workdays into a chance to raise money for good causes.
We've Raised the Bar for Casual Fridays
At Education First FCU we are passionate about giving back to our community. We turn workdays into opportunities to raise money for worthy organizations in our communities. Every Friday, employees can donate cash into our Blue Jean Fridays Fund for the opportunity to dress down in denim.
The money adds up quickly - to date, we've donated $58,000 to both local and national organizations.
2022 Blue Jean Fridays Fund Donations:
Crisis Center of SETX — $4,383
The Crisis Center of Southeast Texas offers free and confidential services to all victims of sexual assault and other crisis victims. The funds will be utilized to provide new clothing and toiletries for victims of sexual assault when presenting at an area hospital.
Sleep in Heavenly Peace — $4,383
The Beaumont Chapter of Sleep in Heavenly Peace serves the Southeast Texas counties of Orange, Jefferson and Hardin. All funds are directed entirely to putting kids in beds and off the floor.
Learn about Sleep in Heavenly Peace
Harvest House — $4,383
Harvest House was founded to respond to the epidemic of child sex-trafficking. The funds donated by EFFCU employees will advance their work to provide a space of hope, healing, and a new life program to participants.
- Homer Drive Elementary- Employees committed $9,082.57 to support the build of a new ADA-accessible playground for the elementary school.
The Shorkey Center - EFFCU committed $4,392.50 to help purchase needed supplies including: a water heater so families can shower before and after aquatic therapy, a new electric safety gate for the preschool playground, a new reception lobby desk and new lobby seating.
- Some Other Place – Employees committed $4,213.89 to underwrite the Christmas meal and to purchase supplies to fill Christmas stockings for seniors in our community.
- Family Services of Southeast Texas – Employees committed $2,000 to purchasing gifts to fill the Christmas store at the women’s shelter. This store is set up so that children have the opportunity to select gifts to give their mother on Christmas.
- Ubi Caritas – Employees also gave $3,000 to Ubi Caritas to support their mission to provide diapers for new mothers and to provide diabetic test strips to newly diagnosed diabetics in our area.
- Garth House – Employees adopted three families and dedicated $1,700 to purchase Christmas gifts for each child as well as $200 VISA gift cards for each family.
Education First Employees Impacted by Tropical Storm Imelda– Tropical Storm Imelda dropped a lot of water on Southeast Texas in 2019. The damage of this storm affected many, including our own employees. The Blue Jean Fridays Fund went back to employees affected my Tropical Storm Imelda in 2019.
- Cape Fear Elementary School, North Carolina– This school had incurred extensive damage from Hurricane Matthew in 2016 and have not fully recovered when Hurricane Florence hit the area in 2018. After seeing the massive damage incurred by Hurricane Florence, Education First Federal Credit Union (EFFCU) announced that their employee donation fund, which typically is directed to a local charity in Southeast Texas, would go to help a school in North Carolina. These funds helped to restore their outdoor classroom.
- Family Services of Southeast Texas - Employees committed funds to purchasing gifts to fill the Christmas store at the women’s shelter. This store is set up so that children have the opportunity to select gifts to give their mother on Christmas.
Education First Employees Impacted by Hurricane Harvey– Hurricane Harvey effected many homes in Southeast Texas in 2017, including those of our own employees. The Blue Jean Fridays Fund went back to employees affected my Hurricane Harvey in 2017.
Southeast Texas Foodbank – employees contributed $4,700 to the Southeast Texas Foodbank to help with their mission to feed those in need in Southeast Texas.
Handy Tools at Your Disposal.Calculate your budget, see and compare the latest rates and discover what perks you gain for being a member of Education First Federal Credit Union.