Hurricane Relief Resources
We know these are trying times. The destruction and devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey are widespread, and we are committed to assisting our members during this time of need. In an effort to help Southeast Texas get back on their feet, we are offering members the following Hurricane Harvey disaster resources. If you have any questions, please call us at 409.898.3770.
Ready to File a Homeowner's Claim?
Auto Loans with Gap Coverage
For GAP (Guaranteed Auto Protection) insurance, you will first need to file a claim with your car insurance company. Once they determine the value of your car, they will send us a check for that amount. If you currently have GAP insurance on your auto loan, the credit union will take care of paying off the remainder of your balance. Please contact us to assist with any deficiencies in the balance after your insurance pays.
Other Helpful Links:
- FEMA - The quickest way to apply for federal assistance is online. Individuals may also apply by phone at 800-621-3362. FEMA advises calling in the morning or evening when call volume may be lower
- Mold Cleanup After Floods - Check out the EPA's tips for basic procedures after flooding
- Public Assistance Debris Removal Tips - These PDFs specify debris removal guidelines
- Beware of Buying A Flooded Car - Considering buying a used car? Check for these signs of flood damage first!
- 10 Steps to Buy a Used Car
*Interest will continue to accrue on loans if a deferred loan payment is requested.
**APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Some exclusions apply. Rates and terms are based on individual credit worthiness and are subject to change. Education First FCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Association and an Equal Housing Lender.
***APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Some exclusions apply. Rates and terms are based on credit worthiness and are subject to change. 90 day deferred payments optional; interest on loan will accrue during period of deferred payments. Cash back offer limited to one time per member during promotional period; minimum loan amount $15,000. Education First FCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Association and an Equal Housing Lender.