Get Your Red, White, and Blue On
Independence Day is right around the corner. And while it may seem inconvenient that it falls on a Wednesday this year, we’re choosing to enjoy it regardless! There’s nothing we love more than a day off, good food, and even better company. The 4th of July is a great reminder of our freedom and privileges as a country – and we’ve got some easy ideas on how you can spend it!
Make the Most of Your Wednesday
Since the 4th of July is not on a weekend this year, you might prefer to celebrate at home or nearby. Luckily for you, Southeast Texas offers many opportunities to celebrate the holiday locally or offers an easy drive to places like Galveston or Houston. Here’s a few ideas to consider:
- Rock the Block: Get together with your neighborhood to host a 4th of July Block Party! Encourage each family to bring a dish for an inexpensive night of fun for the neighborhood! To add to the night, check out these 4th of July backyard games!
- Take a Drive: While it may not be possible to take a long vacation for the holiday, you may still be wanting to do a mini getaway for the day. Here are some great 4th of July events being held in Houston and Galveston. There are a variety of events great for all ages, and the best part is that most of them are free! Check them out now!
- Express Your Patriotism: We’ve never been more thankful for Amazon Prime than now. Where else can you find inexpensive items like a July 4th Gigantic Donut Pool Float or a U.S.A. Fanny Pack? Check out Amazon to get some last minute items that will be sure to add to your fun!
Take a Shopping Spree (We Promise We Won't Tell...)
If you have had your eye on a certain item, now might be a good time to buy it. Or, if you just like a good excuse to shop, we found you one. Whether you are shopping for appliances, electronics, clothing, or anything in between, there are major sales for all categories that are happening now. Large retailers such as Home Depot, Best Buy, and Old Navy are just a few examples of large retailers participating in these sales. Take some time to scope out sales from your favorite retailers and get shopping!
Find Your Inner Chef
Maybe you’re the next Top Chef in the kitchen, or maybe you’re one of those people who can hardly make macaroni and cheese without messing it up. Whatever your comfort level is In the kitchen, these easy and unique 4th of July recipes, ranging from breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts, can be achieved by all. As a bonus, there’s even a recipe for a 4th of July themed cocktail. Need we say more?
It’s nearly impossible to celebrate Independence Day without a good fireworks show. Here’s 3 ways to make sure you enjoy fireworks during your 4th of July holiday.
- Attend a local fireworks show: There is no shortage of 4th of July firework events in the Southeast Texas community. Cities like Beaumont, Kirbyville, and Orange will be hosting firework shows along with live entertainment. Be sure to check your local town’s calendar to see what you can attend!
- Create your own fireworks show: If a community fireworks show is not your thing, stock up on fireworks from a local fireworks stand and make a show yourself! And because we care about your safety, be sure to check out these safety tips to prevent injuries!
- Watch fireworks from the comfort of your home: If you would rather kick back and watch fireworks from home, check out the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks show, which will be broadcast by NBC.
Although we can't take a long weekend to celebrate the holiday, let's make the most of the day! We hope your 4th of July is full of fun, food, and fireworks!