We Walk It Like We Talk It.
Okay, so we admit it. We think we do a pretty good job taking care of our members. But that's easy for us to say, right? So don't take our word for it -- find out what our members have to say about us.
Elijah and Aimee Murphy recently completed a land loan with our mortgage loan officer, Ms. Alex Rhodes. Here is what they had to say about their experience!
1. I understand you and your husband have been members of Education First since 2006. Can you tell me a little bit about why you selected Education First as your financial institution?
Education First is home to several people we know and it just felt like home to us as well. They have great rates and it seems they always have a promotion going on.
2. Alex has shared with me that you purchased land to build a home. Can you tell me if this is the first time you have purchased a home or land to build on?
We have owned 3 different homes and have dealt with 3 different mortgage companies in which we couldn’t just call and get immediate assistance. We also couldn’t talk with them face to face. We absolutely hated that with other companies.
3. When you decided you wanted to build a home, did you shop around or consider other credit unions or banks in the area?
We did not shop around. We knew from the very beginning we wanted someone we could trust and speak to face to face to handle our loan.
4. Ultimately, what made you decide to use Education First for your land loan? What made us stand out from the others?
Convenience, dependability, family like environment, easy communication, quick, and we have never had a problem with Education First.
5. What hurdles, if any, did you face? If so, was Alex able to help you navigate them?
We only had one problem and that was that the land we bought did not appraise for what the seller wanted at first. It took a little bit for us to convince the seller to come down but in the mean time Alex was still rooting for us! She never gave up on us and always told us to take our time with this.
6. What did you enjoy most about working with Alex?
She always had an answer to any of my questions and didn’t put us on a timeline. We never felt rushed and she didn’t want to push us into something we were not comfortable with. She was always a joy to talk to. Never negative, always positive.
7. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your experience with Education First?
8. If your best friend was planning to buy a house or borrow to buy land to build on, what would you tell them about your experience with Education First?
I would tell any friend my answers to questions 1-7. Education First has never let us down.
9. Is there anything else you would like to add?
I have made several friends through the bank in every department and I look forward to doing business with them in the future.
Here is Elijah, Aimee, and their son, Wyatt! Thank you for allowing us to share your story!
And thank you to Alex Rhodes for taking such great care of our members!