As a credit union started by teachers we remain committed to supporting education in a number of different ways.
We also understand the importance of extending support at times like this as well. That’s why Education First and its partners, 12News and The Beaumont-Enterprise, have started the Imelda Educators Relief Fund. Education First has donated $1,500 in seed money and hopes that the community will help to raise additional funds. The monies will be used to replace basic classroom supplies for teachers whose classrooms have been affected by floodwaters as a result of Tropical Storm Imelda.
If you would like to donate to the Imelda Educators Relief Fund:
You can make a donation by visiting any of our six branches in Beaumont, Jasper, Kountze, Silsbee and Woodville.
- Donate online via GoFundMe
- Donate in person at any of our six branches in Beaumont, Jasper, Kountze, Silsbee, and Woodville. Click here to view branch location addresses.
- Mail your donation to Education First FCU, ATTN: Marketing, 7025 Eastex Freeway, Beaumont, TX 77706.
*Donations will be accepted through October 31, 2019.
Please fill out the form below and you will be contacted by a member of the Education First Relief Fund Committee. Teachers that apply must meet the following criteria:
If you are a teacher and would like to apply for the Imelda Educators Relief Fund:
- Applicant must be a full-time teacher of a K-12 school in our field of membership
- School must fall within the declared disaster areas named by Governor Abbott
- Your classroom must have sustained damage from floodwaters
- Request is for classroom supplies only
*By submitting this form, you acknowledge that all of the submitted information is true.