Accessing Your Money During a Mandatory Evacuation
In the event of an evacuation, you can rely on the following services to access your accounts at Education First:
- Online Banking: Online Banking allows you to access and manage your money from anywhere with an internet connection. You can also pay bills securely through our Bill Pay service, assuring your payments are received on time. Don't wait for a storm to enroll. Sign up for Online Banking and Bill Pay now.
- Mobile Banking and Apps: Access your accounts through your smartphone using our Mobile Banking site or the Education First FCU app. Our app offers conveniences like remote deposit, instant balance, and fingerprint ID sign-in! To download our app, click here.
- Remote Deposit: Need to deposit a check? Can’t get to a branch? Deposit your check on the go using Remote Deposit.
- Note: in the case of an emergency, normal Remote Deposit fund availability schedules may be disrupted. Check our website for details.
- Touch-Tone Teller: If phone systems are functional, you can call our Touch-Tone Teller line. It's a simple and convenient way to access funds. Call 409.898.7222 or 800.765.3770 to begin.
- Direct Deposit: If you've set up direct deposit into an Education First account, your funds will be accessible even if you have evacuated. Direct deposit eliminates the possibility of checks being lost, misplaced, or stolen.
- Debit Card: Your Education First Visa Debit Card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. Since local daily limits could be lowered during a disaster, be sure to have enough cash on hand. If you plan to evacuate, be sure to call us and let us know so transactions will not be declined!
- Credit Card: Emergency expenditures could be more than you anticipate. It is a good idea to have credit available for unexpected expenses. Apply for an EFCU credit card now.
- CU Service Centers: Education First is part of the credit union Shared Branching Network and also belongs to CU Pass.This means that you can access your Education First accounts and deposit money from another credit union or ATM close by!
Important Personal Items
Evacuations are hectic and planning is essential! In preparation for emergency situations, it is a good idea to be aware of the location of the following items/information: birth certificates, marriage licenses, estate planning documents, and more! Click here to see a full list!
Questions? Give us a call at 409.898.3770. We're happy to assist you!